Are you looking for a new and exciting development challenge?
We are looking for a motivated developer who has a great eye for detail on front end development, and a good understanding of PHP and the LAMP stack. We use the MODX CMS so any knowledge here is a great bonus.
An ideal candidate should be able to take assets from our design team, and convert them into fully manageable websites through the CMS, whilst being able to tackle a variety of development challenges such as UI, UX and responsive website design.
We're looking for someone with initiative, and the desire to want to constantly evolve not only your skillset, but our internal approaches and processes. You'll be involved in the most technical aspects of our projects, steering the development and really bringing them to life. You'll also be involved in supporting our existing client base, ensuring a creative and dynamic approach to all support queries.
We'd like you to take ownership, in keeping us ahead of the curve.
Daily tasks to include:
- Build websites to compliant, modern standards from provided designs/briefs.
- Adopt best practice, and industry standards to solve UI and UX issues.
- Deal with technical website queries and support requests.
- Stay on top of the curve, when it comes to development approaches and technology.
- Look for ways to further the businesses technical presence.
- Basic hosting administration.
Why work for GEL Studios?
Not all agencies are created equal - and we're proud of that. We've got to where we are because of our passion for customer service, and above all else, being experts in our field. Because of this approach, we're a three time AWWWard winner, and national winner of the DEA Web Development project of the year 2017.
No idea is a bad idea, and we welcome new and exciting ways of doing things. This is a role that can grow with you and your skill set, where every day is varied and fun. Keys points however are...
Room to grow.
This position has a competitive salary, and the room to grow in whatever direction it takes you. We highly encourage ongoing development - with lots of training potential.
Lots of holiday.
25 days holiday per annum, along with an extra 8 for the bank holidays. We also operate flex time, so if you want to leave a few hours early one day, that's fine!
A relaxed working environment will ensure that you have a great time when you're at the office. Nerf guns and video games are the norm!
Planning for the future can be boring, but at least have the comfort in knowing that you can have an above average pension with lots of options, provided by AVIVA.
Are you who we're looking for?
Being a real part of our team will be the most important factor when it comes to deciding on the successful candidate. We're not looking for someone to sit in the corner all day and code, but for a person that can join in, in all aspects of the day to day working enviroment that is our studio.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A relentless attention to detail - every pixel must match the design without exception!
- A desire to stay ahead of the trend, try new things and push creative boundaries,
- Passion. With a very high set of working quality standards, which result in the fact that you simply can't sleep at night without achieving them each and every day,
- Experience of working in a team, with fantastic communication skills,
- Able to manage workload, and feedback where and when needed,
- Self motivated,
- Love Marvel Comics and the colour Green!
Essential skills and requirements
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years working in a similar position.
We also need to see some of your best pieces of work, along with why you think it's worth showing us!
Other skills that are required are:
- Creating clean, compliant HTML,
- Use of at least one responsive framework (Bootstrap V3 and/or Foundation),
- PHP to a moderate level,
- Version control (.git)
- An IDE environment,
- Command Line/Shell,
- Exceptional developer and user knowledge, of at least one main stream CMS.
- Adopting best practice and industry standards to solve UI and UX issues.
Whilst not required, any of these additional skills would be great, however not to worry, we can bring you up to speed on these really quickly.
Our CMS of choice is MODX - any expert knowledge and practical application of this platform would be brilliant.
- Experience of Angular or Backbone.js,
- Experience of creating email templates,
- Working Photoshop understanding,
- Database schema designing for new project,
Please send all CV's along with example of your previous work, salary expectations, and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand that not all developers are the same, so if you feel you fit the bill, please send us your CV along with a few reasons as to why you feel you should be considered for the position.
Strictly no recruiters at this stage please.