Are you looking for a new and exciting development challenge?
We are looking for a motivated developer who has a great eye for detail on front end development, and a good understanding of PHP and the LAMP stack. We use the MODX CMS so any knowledge here is a great bonus.
An ideal candidate should be able to take assets from our design team, and convert them into fully manageable websites through the CMS, whilst being able to tackle a variety of development challenges such as UI, UX and responsive website design.
Daily tasks to include:
- Build websites to compliant, modern standards from provided designs/briefs.
- Adopt best practice, and industry standards to solve UI and UX issues.
- Deal with technical website queries and support requests.
- Stay on top of the curve, when it comes to development approaches and technology.
- Look for ways to further the businesses technical presence.
- Basic hosting administration.
Why work for GEL Studios?
Not all agencies are created equal - and we're proud of that. We've got to where we are because of our passion for customer service, and above all else, being experts in our field. Because of this approach, we're a two time AWWWard winner, and national winner of the DEA Web Development project of the year 2017.
No idea is a bad idea, and we welcome new and exciting ways of doing things. This is a role that can grow with you and your skill set, where every day is varied and fun. Keys points however are...
Room to grow.
This position has a competitive salary, and the room to grow in whatever direction it takes you. We highly encourage ongoing development - with lots of training potential.
Lots of holiday.
25 days holiday per annum, along with an extra 8 for the bank holidays. We also operate flex time, so if you want to leave a few hours early one day, that's fine!
A relaxed working environment will ensure that you have a great time when you're at the office. Nerf guns and video games are the norm!
Planning for the future can be boring, but at least have the comfort in knowing that you can have an above average pension with lots of options, provided by AVIVA.
Are you who we're looking for?
Being a real part of our team will be the most important factor when it comes to deciding on the successful candidate. We're not looking for someone to sit in the corner all day and code, but for a person that can join in, in all aspects of the day to day working enviroment that is our studio.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- An exceptional, pixel perfect, attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for the industry.
- Self motivated.
- Team player.
- Ability to think outside the box/above and beyond.
- Love Marvel Comics and the colour Green!
Essential skills and requirements
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 12 months working in a similar position.
We also need to see some of your best pieces of work, along with why you think it's worth showing us!
Other skills that are required are:
- Be able to create clean, concise, and compliant HTML.
- SASS/LESS/SCSS knowledge.
- Actual working experience of bootstrap or foundation responsive frameworks.
- Excellent experience of developing in at least one modern content management system.
- An understanding of PHP, and the ability to debug/troubleshoot existing code.
Whilst not required, any of these additional skills would be great, however not to worry, we can bring you up to speed on these really quickly.
Our CMS of choice is MODX - any expert knowledge and practical application of this platform would be brilliant.
- Knowledge of version control (.git).
- Experience of using of a modern IDE.
- Command line experience.
- Experience of Angular or Backbone.js
- Experience of creating email templates.
- Working Photoshop understanding
- Database schema designing for new project
Please send all CV's along with example of your previous work, salary expectations, and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand that not all developers are the same, so if you feel you fit the bill, please send us your CV along with a few reasons as to why you feel you should be considered for the position.
Strictly no recruiters at this stage please.